Khosla’s presentation integrates “bad examples” - most of which resemble the decks initially sent to us by clients - with basic rules VCs want to see.
His advice includes many of Aleberry’s Startup Pitch Deck Rules that we reiterate to our clients:
- Stop stuffing each slide with as much content as possible. Whitespace is your friend.
- Focus on A FEW key takeaways.
- Address risk & show your business is well thought out.
- Powerful titles > vague/buzzword titles
- Have a clear ask & traction
- Show/visuals > telling
Khosla’s talk will give you a basic understanding of what to expect and how to organize a deck to help you secure funding.
If you have 25 minutes to spare, we highly recommend watching his talk as a starting point for meeting with the Aleberry team.
Watch the video & download his slides here: “Pitch the way VCs think”